Friday, January 20, 2006

Ode To The Turtlebug - Divine Delirium

Divine delirium, yes that's the only way I can describe it, the way you make me feel, the way 'we' make me feel, the way our coming together in this improbable world makes me feel. The way I can be completely exhausted and entirely replete with newborn energy humming along the delicate undersides of my skin, every inch buzzing along a single bass line written by you, improbable you, inevitable you. Yes, yes, that is it, that is how I feel, the whole of me awhir, awake and aware of your soul lying sweetly alongside mine. As if every step I have taken, sure and faltering, have conspired all along to lead me to this moment: two weary but ever-spirited travelers stumbling upon one another in a wide meadow of possibilities waving gently. They face one another on either side of a hammock strung between two trees swaying gently. Opposing hands reach out, hesitate, and in a blissful second, fingertips meet, senses reel in a current of pure joy as both realize that the other, facing, is real, not merely an apparition called forth by the stewards of hope and imagination. That blissful second stretching into an infinity of seconds as Time pirouettes and curtsies to a halt.

No comments: